Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Comeback Trail

Why am I the only one who thinks Ashley Preiss still has a shot at making the Olympic Team? She has only been training for two months and looks like she's on schedule to have a Morgan White-like performance at Olympic Trials.

The USA could use her consistency.






She has nothing to lose. Even if she doesn't make the team, she is almost assured to be a star in college. I think the "bubble girls" who are professional (e.g. Memmel, Bieger, etc) will feel much more pressure about making/not making the team.

1 comment:

alisa said...

I am on your Ashley Priess bandwagon- but not with that bar routine on the post. I loved hers from 2006 worlds- awesome toe-on 1 1/2 to tkatchev to pak and giant 1 1/2 to markelov. The stalder full on the low bar could use some work, along with the double layout dismount. I'm with you though!